Saturday, May 30, 2009

Something Practical Day

Yes sirree indeed... Something useful today, if your so inclined.

I ran across a DIY formula for an appliance cleaner. Well I had tried a variety of the usual household sprays and nothing helped. Actually, my grain grinder was desperately in need of a cleanup.

So I put some baking soda in the bottom of a cup and poured on a bit of vinegar. Egads only to remember some childhood chemistry as it foamed over. Thankfully I was near the sink. But the resulting paste worked.

Worked great. Cleaned up the grain grinder superbly.

Then I used some on one of those fish grills for a gas barbecue grill. While it didn't get everything off, it was a heck of a lot cleaner. Apparently, vinegar is a good grease cutter.

There is also a formula for baking soda, salt and vinegar....

No comments: