Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bad Brew and Happy Screw-Ups

I was wondering what happened with the coffee. Raw nasty s*** as of late. But it was the same old same old GREEN MOUNTAIN beans. Turns out it was the 1% milk.

Basically, that means I'm not a real coffee drinker, or a real cigar aficionado. Maybe, I don't even exist... EGADS! I forgot existentialism is like so sixties and seventies !

OH! "I AM THEREFORE I CONSUME"... But then like that's so old fashioned now. You know, POVERTY is the new chic.

Anyway, as I've filled up the humidor with dog rockets, I was running out of room for the cigarillos and running out of money. I had sprung for an electronic humidity gauge which set me back $30. I don't think it's really necessary, but it did affirm my suspicions that the stock analog humidity gauge was off a bit, about within the 10% engineering tolerances.

After a second attempt I came up with a simple mounting clip and a bit of fiddling around and adjustments I started getting even more active and creative. There were a few odds and ends of a couple of cigar boxes lying around, and a sawed up some of it to make flat rectangular spacers to go in between the small piles of cigars. Somewhat to protect them from fingers, my own mostly, as well as from resin from the humidor liner. Anyway, it's something to do with junk cedar cigar boxes.

But I did have one nice box bottom left. I cut a piece of glass for the top [well, I had bought a glass cutting tool, and had some stray pieces of glass lying around]. But the point is, now it's a nice little glass top crap-a-dor for the cigarillos. BTW, I glued on a wood knob and stuck the old analog hydrometer in a corner. Will give me something to experiment with, also, can't imagine it being any worse than one of those 'desktop' humidors that go for $30 bucks on EBAY although sometimes the catalog places unload them in bundle deals for an extra $10 or $20.

HEY! but this has a glass top and so it's special....

No comments: